Give the gift of 50業子 membership
Give a colleague, student or friend a full year of exceptional resources and enriching experiences at the 50業子 Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
Want to give the gift of membership to your entire group? Learn about group memberships.
50業子 members enjoy the following benefits:
- Discounted registration for 50業子 events — save up to 50% off the annual meeting.
- The 50業子’s three prestigious research journals — the Journal of Biological Chemistry, Journal of Lipid Research and Molecular & Cellular Proteomics — are open access. Regular and industry members receive a $500 discount on the article processing fee.
- Reduced subscription rates for non-50業子 journals.
- Discounted registration for the Art of Science Communication online course.
- Free posting to the (regular and industry members only).
Members can apply for:
- Annual awards for all career stages.
- Awards for undergraduate research and outreach.
- Student Chapter awards.
Members enjoy access to:
- The .
- The full archive of 50業子 professional development webinars.
- The opportunity to apply for the Advocacy Training Program.
- The chance to organize an 50業子 virtual event, conference or networking event.
Choose a membership type below.
Available to anyone with a doctoral degree who has published at least one paper pertaining to biochemistry or molecular biology in a refereed journal. Regular members may hold elective office, endorse new members and sponsor nonmembers at the society's annual meeting.
Available to anyone who works in industry, biotech or other fields related to the molecular life sciences with a degree (associates or above) in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field. Industry members have the same privileges as regular members.
Available to postdoctoral fellows (or equivalent) or early-career scientists. Early-career status is limited to 10 years unless postdoctoral (or equivalent) appointment is reaffirmed by a mentor or faculty member. Eligible for automatic promotion to regular membership once criteria are satisfied.
Available to those without a Ph.D. and who are not eligible for regular or early-career membership — typically educators at colleges or high schools, employees of government agencies or nongovernmental or nonprofit organizations, and members of the public with a strong interest in biochemistry and molecular biology.
Available to graduate students. Graduate membership is limited to five years. Eligible for automatic promotion to early-career membership once criteria are satisfied.
Available to enrolled students pursuing bachelor's degrees.