50業子 code of conduct
The mission of the 50業子 Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is to advance the science of biochemistry and molecular biology and to promote the understanding of the molecular nature of life processes. In furtherance of that mission, the 50業子 (and the field we lead) can flourish only if it:
- Sets high standards of climate, culture and conduct that foster full participation for all talent in the society;
- Ensures a safe environment, both online and in person, for all engaged in, supporting or providing services to the society;
- Creates a climate that welcomes a diversity of people and ideas to advance science;
- Fosters an enterprise that engenders trust by current and future 50業子 community participants, the public at large, and funding agencies; and
- Holds its members to the highest standards of rigor, reproducibility and transparency in order to engender trust in the science that they generate and share.
This policy applies to all 50業子 community participants (“Participants”), including but not limited to members, volunteers, employees, contractors, honorees, and other individuals, groups and entities when they are involved in any capacity in an 50業子 activity such as:
- All activities and events sponsored, funded or conducted in whole or in part by, or otherwise involving, the 50業子, wherever located;
- Any use of 50業子 property, funding or other resources, whether otherwise involving the society or not; and
- Performance of any 50業子 role, responsibility, privilege, function or contract.
To advance the society’s mission and objectives, the society adopts the following guiding principles:
- 50業子 Participants aim to uphold and advance the integrity and dignity of the profession and practice of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- 50業子 Participants are expected to be honest, unbiased, ethical, impartial and professional in their interactions with their trainees, supervisors, employees, employers, colleagues, clients, patients and the public.
- 50業子 Participants strive to increase the competence and prestige of the profession and practice of biochemistry and molecular biology by responsible action.
- 50業子 Participants seek to maintain and expand their professional knowledge and skills.
All 50業子 Participants shall:
- Be honest in the conduct, report and attribution of their work; and shall not commit acts of misconduct which is defined as:
- Research misconduct (fabrication, falsification or plagiarism);
- Sexual Harassment, other harassment and other discrimination (on the basis of, e.g., gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, identity and expression, disability, and other identities — including all such bases) in any teaching, learning, research, professional practice or service endeavor;
- Other unprofessional or unethical conduct related to research, teaching, learning, professional practice, service and proposals.
- Avoid conflicts of interest, professional misconduct and abuse of privileged positions, including power differentials. 50業子 Participants shall make full disclosure of financial and other interests that might present a conflict in society activities.
- Take responsibility to report breaches of 50業子’s code of Conduct to senior society staff or Council member.
- Not represent any position as being that of the 50業子 unless it has the prior written approval from the appropriate unit of the 50業子.
- Agree to abide by this code of conduct as a condition of membership in the society or any other participation.